Monday, September 3, 2007

What A Nice Poem About Life: Life is a Bell Curve

"Life is a bell curve. We needn't fear growing old. When I was born you cried tears of joy and hope. When I was a baby, you swaddled me tight in warm blankets and cradled my head so gently as to not break my neck and my bones. You held a cup to my mouth so I could learn to drink. When I was a toddler, I made up stories about things that rattled in my imagination. I thought they were true. When I was a child I wanted to break free and run. But you chased after me and told me to be careful and think ahead. When I was a young adult I cared for myself. I made my own choices. I thought my body could do anything with enough time and conditioning. When I was 30 I lived my life for others. I felt trapped and stuck. I didn't see an end to caring for those I chose to love. When I was 45, I realized that time did not stretch out forever. The little birds I tended were flying away. They wanted to break free and run. Money was all I could see to serve because we need it today and tomorrow when the working was done. When I am 50 I will care for others and worry and fret about their care. They will get sick and old and I will think and hope and wish it would end and hope it never ends. When I am 60, I will start to play again. I will play with children. I will call my friends my girlfriends again. We will giggle and play cards and run free. But you will chase after me and tell me I can't do whatever I want. You will tell me I don't think things through. You will tell me to slow down and take care of myself. When I am 80 I will spill food on my clothes and toddle off. I will tell you stories about things that rattle around in my imagination. I will believe they are true though you know they are not. You will hold my hand so I don't fall. And when I am really old I will get cold and you will swaddle me in blankets and hold my head so I can drink from the cup in your hand. You will see me being birthed again and you will cry the tears of joy and hope once more. ". [1]

No comments:

Welcome to the Crude-Oil-Alerts Blog!

You might have heard: oil is a finite resource. So, it will run out one day. But before that happens crude oil production rates will decline and world oil supply is at risk. Some say peak production is already at hand and the curde oil markets are out of control. The goal of this blog is to provide the most comprehensive and updated platform on the topic of peak oil.

Peak Oil Explained

Search This Crude-Oil-Alerts Site

Google
Web crude-oil-alerts.blogspot.com

Detailed Real-Time Crude Oil Dashboard

Publish your Peak Moment Experience here!

Your Peak Moment Experience Title
Your Peak Momement Experience Long Description
When did/will World Oil Production Peak? 1990
2000
2005
2006
2007
2010
2011
2012
Name:
Email Address:

create form

Peak Oil Clock


Learn more about Peak Oil at Energy and Capital.